|January 1 - March 31||9 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|April 1 - September 30||9 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|October 1 - November 30||9 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Last admission 45 minutes before closing.|
|Closed on the first working day of the week.|
Information: +49(0)261 51656
Once built as border fortress by Arnold von Isenburg, the archbishop of Trier (1242 - 1259), the castle served later as a toll station.
In 1689 the destruction in the Palatinate War of Succession put an end to its military history. Not sooner than 1823, when the city Koblenz gave the ruin to the later Prussian king Friedrich Wilhelm IV., a new era began for Stolzenfels, to which the palace owes essentially its appearance today. After plans of the architects Schinkel and Stüler a summer residence was built from 1836 to 1842, which is considered as one of the most outstanding evidences of German romanticism.
To this day Stolzenfels fascinates guests from all over the world. From its wonderful terrace you enjoy an incomparable view of the Rhine Valley, which already excited the higher nobility of Europe. Since the days of the Hohenzollern the furniture and decoration of the wonderful rooms remained almost invariably preserved.
Bookmark this article at ...
|Source: Foto Loreleyfelsen Felix König||
© 2012 go_on Software GmbH