Reichenstein Castle

Opening hours

Castle - Museum
daily
Hotel and Restaurant
daily except Mondays
March 1 - November 20
9 a.m. - 6 p.m.

Phone: (06721) 6101

Reichenstein Castle, also called Falkenburg, is located above Trechtingshausen. The large construction is one of the spectacular examples of the castle reconstruction in neo-Gothic style. Reichenstein Castle, built in the 11th century, was owned by a robber-baron. Therefore it was destroyed in 1253 and again in 1282. It decayed since the 16th century.

In 1834 Friedrich Wilhelm von Barfuß started the reconstruction. Baron Kirsch Purcelli bought the castle in 1899 and continued generously the work of reconstruction. The shield wall is particularly noteworthy.

In the castle are to be found in addition to the largest collection of cast-iron plates in Rhineland-Palatinate 1200 hunting trophies from all over the world, weapons, arms, porcelain and furniture from five centuries.

Source: Mittelrheinforum

 

Bookmark this article at ...
BlinkList del.icio.us Folkd Furl Google Linkarena Mister Wong oneview Yahoo MyWeb YiGG Webnews

Google
Web loreleyinfo.de
Source: Foto Loreleyfelsen Felix König
© 2006 - 2014 go_on Software GmbH
Deutsch Englisch Französisch Spanisch Italienisch Chinesisch Niederländisch Polnisch Türkisch Japanisch