Zamku Liebenstein

Opening hours

Hotel and Restaurant
in the tower

Easter - November
Phone: (06773) 308

In popular speech Sterrenberg Castle and Liebenstein Castle are called the "Hostile Brothers". Probably the disputes of the different owners of the castles inspired the legend around the hostile brothers, first told in 1587.

In reality Liebenstein Castle, built in the 13th Century and therefore the younger one, was the forecastle of Sterrenberg Castle. The two shield walls serve as improved defence of Sterrenberg. There is no historic evidence that they were meant against Liebenstein Castle.

It is taken for granted that there never has been an armed conflict between the castles.

Today the tower accommodates a hotel and a restaurant.

 

Bookmark this article at ...
BlinkList del.icio.us Folkd Furl Google Linkarena Mister Wong oneview Yahoo MyWeb YiGG Webnews

Google
Web loreleyinfo.de
Source: Foto Loreleyfelsen Felix König
© 2006 - 2014 go_on Software GmbH
Deutsch Englisch Französisch Spanisch Italienisch Chinesisch Niederländisch Polnisch Türkisch Japanisch