Castillo de Maus (ratón)

Opening hours

Dates see our website: www.burg-maus.de
and on request for tour groups

Civil Marriage,
Family celebrations in the great hall are possible

Email
Phone
: verwaltung(at)burg-maus.de
: +49(0)6771 2303

Maus Castle, which is actually called Thurnberg, was occasionally the favourite residence of the electors of Trier. Archbishop Balduin built the castle between 1353-1388 for the protection of his newly acquired territory. It was one of the most modern and technically most interesting constructions of its time. About 1370 the counts of Katzenelnbogen built the mighty stronghold Neu-Katzenelnbogen on the adjoining mountain.

Among the people the impression arose that the castles spied on themselves like cat and mouse. So both bastions got their nicknames, under which they are known until today. Mouse Castle opens its gates for visitors. Inside you can admire precious furniture and interesting collections.

Fuente: Mittelrheinforum

 

Marcar este artículo en ...
BlinkList del.icio.us Folkd Furl Google Linkarena Mister Wong oneview Yahoo MyWeb YiGG Webnews

Google
Web loreleyinfo.de
Source: Foto Loreleyfelsen Felix König
© 2006 - 2014 go_on Software GmbH
Deutsch Englisch Französisch Spanisch Italienisch Chinesisch Niederländisch Polnisch Türkisch Japanisch