Estación de peaje de Mäuseturm

Opening hours

not open to visitors
Phone: (06721) 184205

On a rock island in the Rhine stands the former "Wartturm", whose name is derived from „Maut" (= toll). The archbishops of Mainz built the tower probably in the 13th century and later ordered the extension. Between 1856 and 1858 it was restored in neo-Gothic style.

Until 1974 the tower served as signal station for the shipping. Legend has it that the stingy archbishop Hatto has been eaten by mice after being confined in the tower because he had burned starving people.

Fuente: Mittelrheinforum

 

Marcar este artículo en ...
BlinkList del.icio.us Folkd Furl Google Linkarena Mister Wong oneview Yahoo MyWeb YiGG Webnews

Google
Web loreleyinfo.de
Source: Foto Loreleyfelsen Felix König
© 2006 - 2014 go_on Software GmbH
Deutsch Englisch Französisch Spanisch Italienisch Chinesisch Niederländisch Polnisch Türkisch Japanisch